Under both the 1981 Fire Services Act and Regulation 8 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 your business is required by law to provide staff with adequate fire safety training. This course will cover all the fundamental elements of fire safety and prevention.
- Course objectives
- Fire Safety legislation
- Fire Triangle
- Chemistry of fire
- Development and spread of fire
- Action in the event of a fire
- Means of raising the alarm, evacuation process
- Tackling the fire and assisting the fire brigade
- Role of the fire warden
- Dentification of potential fire hazards in the workplace.
- The correct course of action to take in the event of a fire.
- Understanding the scientific principles that create fire.
- Fire safety legislation employer’s responsibilities.
All employees, managers, employers or any individual concerned with fire safety awareness.
Upon completion of this course, successful participants will receive Olive certification in Fire Safety which is valid for a period of 1 year. Thereafter course refreshment is required.