The Asbestos awareness course has been designed to teach candidates about the inherent dangers from contact with asbestos fibers. Often through work asbestos material can be disturbed causing fibers to become airborne and released into the atmosphere. These harmful particles can later on cause serious damage to the respiratory system ultimately leading to death.
- What is Asbestos?
- The classification of asbestos types.
- Asbestos and its effects on health.
- How to protect against asbestos.
- Materials containing asbestos.
On completion of the training successful candidates should be able to:
- Identify typical products & materials that contain asbestos.
- Understand the health hazards associated with asbestos.
- Responsibilities imposed by the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006
Any employee who performs or supervises manual labour in buildings, particularly older buildings.