The main focus of this course is driven towards user competence and safe workplace practices. Along with a greater understanding of personal safety, attendees will also be familiarised with current legislation. It is the legal obligation of all employers to provide sufficient H&S training to any employee that is expected to operate an abrasive wheel.
- Current health and safety requirements
- Correct wheel balancing
- Equipment testing, handling, storage and inspection
- Identification of dangerous situations
- Practical assessment
- To teach the correct and safe use of abrasive wheel equipment.
- Understanding of current H&S legislation surrounding wheels.
- Identify hazardous situations and potential accidents.
Any individual who works regularly with bench grinders, con saws or angles grinders.
Upon completion of this course, successful participants will receive Allied
certification in Abrasive wheel safety.